Thursday, February 24, 2011

Baby for Brandaige


About a month ago, I got to host the first baby girl shower in quite a while!  It was given for my good friend, Brandaige, who after having two boys was expecting little Greta. 


One of the games we played was a spin-off of a game found in this post, which I loved.  It was to guess the names of the children's book characters that I had framed as a gift for Brandaige - all girls' book characters.  It was so fun for me to speculate what books we would be reading around here if I had a girl!


The shower was a brunch.  I provided chicken salad croissants...


and cinnamon roll cupcakes.  I also filled candy dishes with lots of pink and brown candies, since those were the colors of Greta's nursery. 

As usual, I ended up talking/hosting too much to take many pictures once the party began, but I did manage to snap one of the girl of honor.

4 comments:

Camie said...

It's beautiful!! I love the framed book characters--and I recognize them for sure! You are the hostess with the mostess!

Anne Marie said...

Looks like a lovely event! Congrats to your friend! Greta is a darling name. I adore the book characters framed. What a sweet idea. Oh, I miss our partying days, friend.

Jessica said...

Very cute. I hosted a baby shower for a friend last Saturday. Um...it did not resemble this at all. ;)
I guess that's just the luck of the draw when one chooses a friend like me.

Kristen and Alex said...

It was decorated so cute! I can't wait to see her baby! I'm sad I didn't get to try one of those cinnamon roll cupcakes. You are so talented. Sounds yummy!